Good evening girlies!
I thought I would use this gap between the first strictly come dancing and the results bit (I'm rooting for Harry by the way!) to do a quick blog post...
I was browsing back through a few of my old reviews today and realised a couple of my opinions of certain products have changed since I reviewed them, as sometimes initial opinions and opinions after using products for a couple of moths are different, so here is my first review revisited. Back in September I compared Collection 2000 liquid eye liner and Maybelline eye studio 24h lasting gel liner, if you want to read the original in full then it's here- splurge-or-save-on-eye-liner.html-but basically I concluded that I preferred to save by buying the Collection 2000 liner as it was only £2.99 and the pot lasted ages, however I think one of the main reasons I came to this conclusion is because I'd been using it for a few years and was very used to it, where as the Maybelline liner was a new purchase. Now after using the Maybelline liner for a few months I have come to a definite conclusion that I actually couldn't live without it and will probably never buy a different eye liner again!
All the pros from my previous review still very much apply-
- It lives up to its claims that it lasts all day
- It also lives up to its claim that you can apply it to the top lid in one stroke
- It never cracks or flakes
- It has a very soft applicator brush, making application nice and gentle
- Easier and quicker to apply than I thought it would be- I managed to apply it perfectly in a moving car!
- It dries instantly on your eyelids
- It never causes my eyes or skin to feel irritated or stingy
- It's very easy to use under your lower lashes if you turn the brush so it's flat
However, after using this eye liner everyday for the past 3 months I now disagree with nearly all of my previous cons-
- More expensive at £7.99 from boots-
-It is still this price, but well worth it for the quality of the product and £7.99 won't break the bank anyway.
- The applicator is quite chunky making it hard to do precise flicks at the corner of your eyes
- After a bit of practise I've now learnt how to easily create the flicks I like with the applicator.
- the gel doesn't glide onto your lid as easily as liquid does
-as long as you coat the brush with enough gel and don't let the gel dry out it does actually glide very smoothly onto your lid.
- the gel isn't as dark and bold as I would like, so it doesn't stand out as much over dark eye shadow
-when I want the line darker I just go back over it.
- I haven't used up a tub yet so I don't know how long it will last but you only seem to get a very small amount of gel
-This is the main thing I was wrong about, as although the pot looks tiny the one I got back in September is still going now even though I've used it everyday since!
- Because the applicator brush is separate to the pot it's quite easy to lose and the tip also gets easily clogged with old gel
-This is the one thing that I still think is a con, as my brush is very clogged with gel now and I've almost lost it a few times, however next time I buy it I'm just going to make sure I clean the brush after every use and look after it!
Well I hope that's helpful to some of you! I thought it was important for me to let you know what I think now I've had the time to make a more informed opinion as I would hate for people not to buy this product just because of my initial impressions of it! I'm going to make sure I use every product I review for quite a long period of time in future, so I don't have to make too many review revisits!
I hope your all having a great Saturday night and enjoying Strictly like I am!