Now I know I run a (mostly) budget blog which makes me a bit biased, but I really think the drugstore is having such a moment right now. Every time I browse the blogasphere or pop into Boots there seem to be so many exciting new releases tempting me to part with my pennies so today I thought I'd share the ones I'm most excited about...
1. New Revlon Lip Butter Shades- Revlon have just brought out four new gorgeous shades of their famous lip butters for Spring and Summer; Pink Lemonade, Juicy Papaya, Sorbet and Wild Water Melon. I personally can't wait to get my hands on Papaya as it looks like a more coral toned version of my favourite lip butter, Tutti Frutti, but I can't seem to hunt these down anywhere at the moment. Sad face.
2. Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation- I spent ages swatching this on Friday but haven't quite bit the bullet yet as I'm using up some other foundations first, but boy am I excited to try this. It's about time the drugstore came out with a good natural lighter coverage base and as this one has been compared to Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser I think this could be it!
3. TRESemme Platinum Strength Range- I've invested in a few TRESemme ranges before but found them very hit and miss (love Keratin Smooth, hate Full Repair), however since this range came out I've heard nothing but praise, particularly for the deep conditioner, so I intend to be platinumly strengthening my dyed heat abused locks very soon.
4. Bourjois Blush in 'Healthy Mix'- Another thing that I find to be very hit and miss are the little round pot blushes from Bourjois as some of them have zero colour pay off. However, last week this new shade caught my eye as it claimed to be a universal healthy glow shade that partnered my favourite foundation, the Bourjois Healthy Mix. I then eagerly swatched it and discovered it was really pigmented and the shade was almost an exact dupe for Nars 'Gina' and Illamasqua 'Lover' for a fraction of the price.
5. Barry M Gelly Nail Paints- I'm sure you've all heard a great deal about these already, but if you haven't these are a new range of high shine, gel finish long lasting polishes from Barry M that are one pound dearer than there usual range and so so worth it! They come in an amazing range of colours and the shade I own, 'Papaya' is already one of my all time favourite polishes!
6. Sure Compressed Deodorant- Last but not least we have the new compressed deodorants. It's not a very glamorous product, but no one likes to be sweaty on the go right? Well now no one has to be as they've managed to fit 150ml of product into a 75ml bottle that fits into any handbag a treat but lasts a lot longer than normal mini cans. Sure Clear Pure Crystal is my favourite, but Dove and Vaseline have released them too.
What new releases are you getting giddy about?
I've had a really nice chilled out weekend with the boy catching up on my sleep and eating too many naughty things (healthy eating always starts on a Monday right?) I'm really excited for tonight and tomorrow too now as I'm having big catch ups with all my home friends who've also been away at uni. It's crazy that it's only a week till Easter and there's snow on the ground though! Let's hope it brightens up this week so we can all wear our pastel nails and Spring wardrobe next weekend. Fingers crossed!
I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend!